[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Interesting conversation with my vet

  • From: <ruready8336@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <grnram415@xxxxxxx>,<cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 15:24:39 -0400

Take that a step further....with foreign trade regulations allowing soooooo
much export from other countries(we import them), it has made it extrtemely
difficult for the american farmer to produce anything cheap enough, while also
making a profit. I have a family member in the catfish farming business. His
was a young start up business goig well, and our govt decided to let the
vietenemese import their catfish here. Two thing happened..the quality suffered
greatly and the prices for ALL catfish plumeted in an effort to sell the fish
they had grown.. It seems like U. S. government is always lookig out for the
other guy(foreign country), rather than taking care of its own!!! Why? I think
the answer is clear,,,personal gain!

Mike