[ SHOWGSD-L ] In Dreams, I Walk With You

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:07:00 -0500

I made myself some home made soup the other night because it's been
snowy weather in New York and I'm nursing myself from a cold.   One of
my favorite soups my mother used to make special for me because she knew
how much I loved it was her delicious Chicken and Dumplings.  I've never
tried to make this in my life because I didn't think I could ever make
it as good as she did, but something told me to give it a try. Stupid me
never did get her recipe.   Actually it came out pretty darn good if I
do say so myself.  Still not my mothers.  So because I was missing her
and remembering her making this for me, I guess you can say I was
"crying in my soup".  LOL!  (Thank God the Lord gave me a sense of
humor).  Anyway because I was feeling sorry for myself and missing my
mother during the holidays, I ended up dreaming not about my mother, but
instead about one of my favorite dogs.  Of course the love was different
for my mother than my dog, but it was because of the loss and the love
that goes with loving someone or something, your sub conscience sends
you your dreams.

                                                              IN DREAMS,
I WALK WITH YOU

by

Barbara J. Galasso

The moonlight shone through the parted curtains in my bedroom window the
other night as my eyes slowly shut and my body surrenders and gives
itself up to sleep.  Oh it was a simple dream at best.  Nothing special
about it I thought at first.  My dream was about an old unfamiliar
house; one that I never seen, but I've had dreams of this kind before.
Strange places, strange people, strange surroundings.  The only thing
that was familiar was you and how you once again dominated my dreams.  I
welcomed your presence in  these strange surroundings.   For it was
you,  my beloved dog who joined me.  You were in the old unfamiliar
house with me, but because you were there, everything was familiar
again.  You followed me from room to room that you and I didn't
recognize.  Everything about you was the same though; all your actions,
all your emotions, all your affection, and all your devotion to me.   My
love for you flooded over me and I thought I'd drown from it because I
couldn't reach out and touch you.  You played with me; you teased me.
You were beyond my reach.  My heart felt you right down to my soul, but
I could not reach out and touch you.

Has it really been so many years that you are gone, when you are so
alive in my dreams?  In my dreams, it's like you never left me at all.
Everything about you is real again.  You walk with me and beckon me to
follow you.  Happiness floods my dreams when you pay me a visit, but
when I awaken, my heart cries for you and my arms long to hold you
again.  The pleasure of your company has once again eluded me and in my
waking hours, I find myself eagerly longing for your next visit.
If I can't have you while I'm awake, than may my dreams keep me in
slumber a little longer each morning I pray, for I know when I awaken
you will be gone, not knowing when you'll return again.  A few hours of
you in my dreams is all God shares with me until he decides to send you
to me once again.  But alas, you don't come to me every night, and I
selfishly find I want more of you each time you return.  Haunt me if you
must.  Just stay a little longer with me before you leave.  In my
dreams, you are alive again as if fate has played a cruel trick on me.
Or is it just my imagination that makes you so real and you are once
again with me like you never left at all.  I twist and turn stubbornly
fighting from waking up for I know that you will be taken from me when I
do.   "Don't leave", my brain seems to plead in it's dream like state,
but you fade into the background and become a shadow as reality hits,
and I'm left with the after glow of knowing it was only a dream.  I wipe
the star dust from my eyes and realize you were only loaned to me for a
couple of hours. " Not enough, not enough........never enough of you"

Not all my dogs come to pay me a visit in my dreams like you do, you
know.   Although all were loved,  few were special and these are the
ones who come back to remind me why they were designated as such.  Gone
maybe in body, but in my soul the memories I carry once again brings
them to life leaving their paw prints upon my fragile heart.
So until we meet again my friend, I will have to be content with the
little windows of light that is bestowed upon me that reflects your
image until I too reach the place that is called dreams.  "Only a dog
some may say?", but then they've never known the unselfish love between
a man and his dog for nothing is expected from us, and everything is
given from them.  So come if you must and play with my emotions for a
little while longer for the piece of my soul that you took when you
left, is restored and renewed when once again in dreams I walk with you.