[ SHOWGSD-L ] Illustrated Standard my last words

  • From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
  • To: helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:24:16 EDT

In a message dated 8/17/2005 7:10:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Since Fred is one of the contributing people and has his name on the front
> of the new
> illustrated standard, I would imagine he'd agree with "what is."  I on the
> other hand think it's awful!
> I do have a suggestion and it has been sent to the Board.
> Helen Franklin

   I was sent a copy looked it over made some suggestions don't know if my
suggestions were accepted or not I have not seen the revised edition of the IS
yet but I surely don't plan to crucify anyone until I do. I am sure I won't
like every thing about it but then I don't expect to. The only way I could
expect
to have every thing exactly the way I want it is to be elected God of the GSD
and I'm not running for the job.
   I do have a suggestion I think everyone interested in seeing the IS done
differently should send in their name and volunteer to take on the job. The
board might be glad to form a new committee. Again let me say that none of this
post is said in a sarcastic way. I hope no one takes it that way. What I have
been trying to point out is that there are hundreds of opinions out there as to
what the ideal shepherd should look like standing and in motion it just is
not an easy job to create a generic drawing that will not offend some. There
were things I saw when I looked it over that I did not like but I thought about
it looked at our present IS and thought that I could live with it. As long as
the words are left alone I just don't think the illistrations if not too
drastic will change the course of history in German Shepherd Dogs.
Respectfully
Fred Migliore