[ SHOWGSD-L ] How others view our behavior

  • From: Cherri Pursell <eastgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:08:57 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Um, I dont want to cause some major incident but only want to use this as a=
n example of how those not in the world of dog shows will view something. I=
m not going to comment on the thread but want to bring it to everyone's att=
ention.  Im sure it is going cause a stir but I think it is worthy of a dis=
cussion.  I wasnt there to witness the event, I have heard of this particul=
ar thing happening...but this person has posted his/her experience and what=
 they witnessed as well as photos of the incident.  Actually it deals with =
two incidents.....one being that of a dog in the ring being double handled =
with a cat in a carrier and the other of a bitch that was bitch aggressive =
going after other dogs.  Much of this seems like old hat to many of us but =
I think we forget that not everyone at a dog show is one of "us" and maybe =
we forget how things appear to those that are not common attendies to shows=
.  Here is a link to the thread, it speaks for itself. I believe I know who=
 was involved and I will not pass judgement on these people nor will I post=
 to the thread....but, maybe we need to think about how other's view our be=
haviors?

(Again I do not want anyone to misunderstand my intentions, Im not trying t=
o point a finger at anyone nor to draw a bunch of negative comments to myse=
lf, I am posting this because it appeared on a message board I frequent tha=
t is publically available to anyone, the additon of the photographs (with t=
he person's face blurred out) did not leave much to the imagination.  The p=
erson in question also needs to be aware that a few people have written to =
the AKC to lodge a complaint.......)

Here is a link to the thread

http://www.germanshepherds.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=3D0&Number=3D394=
598&page=3D0&fpart=3D1&vc=3D1&nt=3D2