[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hey Mom, look at me

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:07:32 EST

In a message dated 11/14/05 3:14:36 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pmick@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I  haven't seen anyone belittle sidegait at all.  You must be
reading  different posts.

I like what Peggy said, and I have been waiting for someone talk about the
Emperor's New Clothes.

Let's face it.  If your dog can move, you are going to get a good look  from
the judge.  You may not win, without breed type, but nothing gets the  eye of
a good judge faster than correct side gait, with a period of  suspension.

That being said, while it might not be the only thing to consider, or maybe
not the most important, it is the best way to know you are going to be
considered for points. I will always show a dog that can move, and have never
shown
one that has lots of breed type, but cannot properly cover the ground. I,
like the rest of us, want all the elements, but movement is what is going to
get
 you into the circle with those being considered for the points.

Think about it. After the temperament test, after the teeth and testicles
are checked.  After the dogs are taken down and back, what does the judge  do
make his/her final decision?  It is not posing the dogs to look at  breed
type.  They are gaited, and gaited, and then the decision is  made.  Then they
are gaited again in winners to award points.

Isn't that how we keep score?

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together