[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hey California... Look at the Oppostion re AB 1634

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx(List)>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 22:42:41 -0700

HiCalifornia!
Below is just a small part of the ARMY we are up against on AB 1634
DON'T FORGET TO WRITE, E-MAIL AND FAX..........this one is crucial!!
Contact other Breed Clubs and Herding Groups and Other Breed friends....anyone!!
Paul and I sent you sample letters and the names of the assemblymen......even
e-mail addy's.
Please use the information.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2007 7:57 PMSubject: RE: A Look at the Oppostion re
AB 1634

If you know of any breed clubs or members of breed, training etc. clubs who
live in the cities listed, please contact
them immediately and ask them, in turn,  to contact ASAP  Mr. Eng and Mr.
Emmerson and ask them to please
vote no on AB 1634. Otherwise, we may go down the tubes on this one.

Joan Gibson Reid
Corresponding Secretary
Sacramento Council of Dog Clubs

Judie Mancuso <judie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Dear friends of AB 1634:

  I was at the Capitol this Tuesday and Wednesday.  I helped gather the support
letters and get them into a spreadsheet to be sure they were all counted.  I
visited the offices of the committee members and discussed our bill further
with their staffs and urged their support.  Itâ??s been a busy, tough week.

  As far as getting your support in, you all did a tremendous job and I want to
thank you from the bottom of my heart, Assemblyman Levine and his staff could
not be more thrilled.  We received more than 1,000 support letters from
individuals, and 140 organizations and groups.  This exceeds our highest
expectations.  The count is not final, and I will email you again when it is.
These numbers cannot be ignored and will influence the members.

  Another success is that I have 70 people confirmed for the press
conference/rally and the hearing.  And thanks to all of you who sent in your
generous donations so we could get to that number.  I am looking forward to
next week, and to meeting all of you that are coming.

  And a very important success, which is the awareness we have raised to the
legislature and public on how many poor innocent dogs and cats are getting put
down in our shelters, and on how many of you work in these horrendous
conditions and how many of us are working to rescue as many as we can from this
horrible fate.  And weâ??ve raised the awareness on how our hard earned dollars
are wasted on maintaining this status quo which is broken and never should have
been designed this way in the first place.  Who was it that came up with the
idea of killing the unwanted animals? If only those before us could have been
more creative and compassionate, but here weâ?¦having to clean up the mess, and
we must step up.  When I speak to the staffers and tell them how we intake over
800,000 unwanted dogs and cats and euthanize over 400,000 of them per year, I
get many blank stares. Some are moved and others have heard fears of running
out of puppies and mutts, and ask â??but shouldnâ??t the children be able to
have one litter to see the wonders of birthâ??.  You would think it would be
easy, but it isnâ??t.

  We do have a challenge on Tuesday, we have some members who have committed to
supporting our bill, but others that have not committed to support or oppose.
The last focus now, is to continue calling the Chair of Business and
Professions Committee, Mike Eng, it rests in his hands and the Vice-Chair, Bill
Emmerson.  If you know shelters, rescues, politicians, veterinarians, any other
influential people in their districts, please have them continue to call and
urge their support.

        Chair, Mike Eng
        Dem-District 49
        San Marino
        San Gabriel
        East San Gabriel
        Alhambra
        Rosemead
        South San Gabriel
        Monterey Park
        El Monte
        South El Monte
        North El Monte
        Tel: (916) 319-2049

   :
        Co-Chair, Bill Emmerson
        Rep-District 63
        Rancho Cucamonga
        Upland
        San Bernardino
        Highland
        Loma Linda
        Fontana
        Grand Terrace
        Yucaipa
        Moreno Valley
        Riverside
        Redlands
        Phone: (916)319-2063

  Thank you all for caring so much and taking the time needed to work towards
ending this antiquated, heartless system.  And a huge thanks to Zak (Levineâ??s
office), Silvia, Andrew (City of LA Lobbyist), Mike Dillion (CVMA Lobbyist),
Curt & Mike (HSUS) and my co-sponsors CVMA, CACDA and SHAC, LAAS who are
working so hard for the success of our bill. Like I said before, getting a bill
like this passed does not take a village, it takes a state!

  Thank you all!
  Judie
  www.cahealthypets.com

  Below is the list of the 140 support groups:
        A Dog's Life Rescue
        A Wish For Animals
        All Creatures Great & Small Animal Rescue
        Alpha Canine Sanctuary
        Animal Alliance
        Animal Assistance League of Orange County
        Animal Friends Rescue Project
        Animal Place
        Animal Protection Institute
        Animal Rescue of Fresno
        Animal Switchboard
        Animals, People and Environment
        Association of Veterinarians for Animal Rights
        BAD RAP (Bay Area Doglovers Responsible About Pit Bulls)
        Beagles and Buddies
        Bellflower Veterinary Hospital
        Bill Foundation
        Boxer Rescue Fund
        C.A.R.E
        California Animal Control Directors Association
        California Federation for Animal Legislation
        California Lobby for Animal Welfare
        California Veterinary Medical Association
        Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
        Cat AdopTion Service
        Cat Care Network of Colorado and New Mexico
        Center for Animal Protection and Education
        Central California SPCA
        Central Valley Coalition for Animals
        Cesar and Illusion Millan Foundation ("the dog whisperer")
        Chateau DuMeow
        City of Elk Grove, Animal Services
        City of San Jose Animal Care Services
        Clovis Animal Services
        Coalition for Cats and Dogs
        Coalition for Pets & Public Safety
        Coast Dermatology Medical Associates
        Contra Costa County Animal Services
        County of San Bernardino Animal Care and Control Division
        Dana Point / San Clemente Animal Rescue
        Dawnwatch
        Death Row Dogs Rescue
        Deborah's Rescues and Fosters
        Dedicated Animal Welfare Group (DAWG)
        Directors of Animal Welfare, Studio City Neighborhood Council
        Dog Land Spay & Neuter Hotline
        Downtown Dog Rescue
        Erika Brunson LA Spay Mobile
        Fight for Animal Rights
        Four Legged Friends Foundation
        Fox Companion Care
        Fremont Police Department, Animal Services Unit
        Friends of Auburn/Tahoe Vista Placer County Animal Shelter
        Friends of Madera Animal Shelter
        German Shorthaired Pointer Rescue
        Give a Dog a Home Rescue
        Golden Retriever Club of Greater Los Angeles Rescue, Inc.
        Happy Tails Sanctuary
        High Desert Angels for Animals
        Hopalong Animal Rescue
        HOPE Animal Foundation
        Humane Society of the United States
        Inland Valley Humane Society and SPCA
        Investigative Journalist/Author, Jane Valez Mitchell
        It's The Pits
        K-9 Rescue
        Katcep Associates
        Kellen Rescue
        Lake Tahoe Humane Society
        Last Chance for Animals
        Lathrop Animal Services
        Life 4 Paws
        Little Company of Mary San Pedro
        Los Angeles Animal Services
        Los Angeles Directors of Animal Welfare
        Ma Snak Superior Treats
        Madera County Animal Control
        Marley's Pit Stop Rescue
        Matilija Canyon Wildlife Refuge
        Milo Foundation
        Miss Kitty's Rescue
        New Beginnings for animals
        No Voice Unheard
        Office of The Mayor, Antonio Villaraigosa
        Orange County People for Animals
        P.A.W.S
        PAL Humane Society
        Pam's People Pals
        Panzar, Inc.
        People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
        Pet Adoption League
        Pet Assistance Foundation
        Pet Project Foundation
        Peter Zippi Fund for Animals
        Pets 90210
        Placer SPCA
        Pooch Potty
        Rancho Coastal Humane Society
        Rescue House
        River City Cat Rescue
        Robin and Friends Rescue
        Sacramento Area Animal Coalition
        Sacramento SPCA
        San Clemente/Dana Point Animal Shelter
        San Diego Animal Advocates
        Santa Cruz SPCA
        Sara Ford Foundation Rescue Group
        Second Chance Canine Rescue
        Seeds for Change, Humane Education
        Senior Citizens for Humane Legislation and Education
        Senior Dogs Project
        Senior, Special Needs Animal Assistance
        Shelter Pet Alliance
        Shelter Pet Partners
        Silicon Valley Animal Control Authority
        Sisters Animal Sanctuary
        Small Paws Rescue
        Sounds of Silent Spirits Rescue and Sanctuary
        Southland Collie Rescue
        Southland Sheltie Rescue
        Spay and Neuter Intermountain Pets and Pet Placement
        Spay Neuter Action Project
        Stand Foundation
        State Humane Association of California
        Stockton Police Dept., Animal Control
        Stockton Police Dept., Animal Control
        Streetsmarts Rescue
        Take Me Home
        Taxpayers for Responsible & Ethical Animal Treatment
        Tehama Wild Care
        Tehchapi Humane Society
        TopCats on the Ridge, Inc.
        United Animal Nations