[ SHOWGSD-L ] Happy Birthday Buddy!!!

  • From: pruett@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:39:15 +0000

On Sunday, August 7, the same day his daughter Hilary completed the requirements
for her ROM title, my Buddy (Am/Can Ch Windy Acres' Ami of Riverdell TC OFA
H&E) turned 11 years young!  Buddy is a very special dog, named for his dam, Ch
Windy Acres' Amy of Riverdell, who died during a c-section to deliver her 10
puppies.  So, Buddy was an orphan, hand-raised (I can now tube feed in my
sleep!), and has never really completely accepted the fact that he is canine,
not human.  Buddy brings much joy and companionship to my life and has been
invaluable to my breeding program as every one of my current (and future!)
champion bitches descend from him.  His impeccable temperament and character
make him a joy to live with.

Our latest hopeful - Windy Acres' Black and Beautiful, aka Hallee, is the result
of a Buddy son bred to a Buddy granddaughter and she is very much like her
double grandsire in temperament and personality.  I took 12 week old Hallee with
me this weekend to Ohio and showed her to judge Tari Kridler in the puppy
match.  Thank you Tari for your kind words about our little black girl and for
awarding her best junior puppy!

Laurie Pruett
Windy Acres