[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Guide Dog question

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hollywoods@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:10:43 GMT

I also heard this from a lady who does GSD obedience training for a guide
school in Florida.  What she does is to have the puppy raisers swap puppies for
a few days every so often to get them used to being around other people and
trainers.  She said dogs like Labs aren't affected by changing homes like a GSD
is.
Gayle & the Hooligans!
Ringer-Honey-Kelly-Mac-Slider-Bruiser
Waiting at the Bridge:
Andy-Abbey-Tasha-Tex-Echo-Yukon-JR-Too-Niki-Bo

-- Holly Woods <hollywoods@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I was told by a guide dog school rep that Shepherds bond too much to their
owner... Guide dogs must go through numerous people before they are placed
with the one they guide. Also they tend to be a little more protective than
needed of their owners.... two reasons anyway