[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Groups, BIS's and Footin' the Bill

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: firethorntemplete@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 20:29:42 EDT

Tom,

ego? you said that like you are surprised......ego is nothing new. In any
form of competition ego is the driving force......while my dogs love to
show,  because we have trained them to love the sport, I dont remember they
ever
woke  one morning and said...."Mom, we MUST show, we really NEED to"....no
sir, it is  ultimately our (collective us) ego that must be satisfied by so
many shows and  so many wins, or so many _____

Some of us love to showcase our dogs and love the sport, and we reward the
dog win or lose, just reward their performance and quite frankly the day
its  stops being fun I will find something else to do.

There are some who will never seem to be satisfied, and will show anything
(good or not) to appease their insatiable egos....

But egos?  There is no surprise there.

Ileana

In a message dated 4/30/2010 7:38:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
firethorntemplete@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I also  wonder about how many BOB's, Group wins, or BIS's it takes to
demonstrate that  a good one is a good one. In other words, at some point what
IS
the point?  Seems to me that it is more about the depth of pockets and the
insatiability  of the human ego than anything else.
tom elkins
www.firethorntemple.com