[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Gas prices and Sally's New Van

  • From: "Jim Ealy" <jhelee929@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <LEWIEB@xxxxxxx>, <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>, <GrnRam415@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:22:35 -0400

Well Lew, I have bad news for you.  I might have some of the details mixed
up but being someone who has had generations of family members work for GM,
there have not been any American made vehicles in a very long time.
American built and/or assembled yes, made no!  You have bodies coming from
Canada,  engines from Brazil, electrical panels from Mexico, etc.  Those big
Chevy trucks are put together by my hubby but it all comes from somewhere.
Look at all those lovely Toyoto plants in Alabama and the South.  Look at
all the profit made from building them cheap here and shipping to the
dealerships instead of building them overseas and shipping in the whole
vehicle.  The old saying that "change is good", I don't think so.
Off my soapbox
Lee Ealy