[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSDC of Washington D.C. (My view)

  • From: RChesnut70502@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:10:43 EDT

I would like to express my appreciation to everyone connected with  this club
for making my assignment a pleasant one.  Special thanks to Joe  Rivers, my
ring Stewart Leon Breault, and Leslie de la Viez who transported me  from the
hotel to the show grounds.

Upon reaching Washington, DC I had the misfortune of having a bit of minor
car trouble.  Thanks to everyone who helped me find a mechanic and rectify  the
problem.

Although the entry was a bit small, several dogs were of exceptional
quality.  Temperament was good with the exception of one that was a bit  shaky.
 It
will go without saying that all of my top winners were of good  temperament,
clean both ends, and had full mouths.

RESERVE WINNERS DOG/BEST PUPPY: "BARICK'S COMET OF MELANA-JOLIN" by  Melana's
Murphy's Law ex Gem-N-I-Missmic Top Design.
Very nice young dog (just made 6 months) with the fluidity I look for in
movement.  He has a very nice rear and front to match.  He is also  blessed
with
a strong back and correct croup.  I look for coordination in  movement, and
this young guy never put a foot down wrong.  Very nice  extension in front and
complete follow through in the rear. Should have a  nice career.

WINNERS DOG/BEST OF WINNERS:  "STELLER'S JADEN GIL OF ARAMIST"   by Aramist's
Titanium v Kolbrook ex Geor-Jan Lorien's In The  Mood.
From the Novice Class came this young stallion.  Although still a  bit
immature, he had what it took for this day.  Probably one of the  better
shoulders
of the day.  Nice back and croup.  Very dark  eye.  Although it was a very hot
day, he never let up.  With  some growing up he should be very competitive in
any ring.

RESERVE WINNERS BITCH:  "STONEGAIT'S CHASING THE WIND" by Larceny  von Bonjen
ex Jon-Nan's Kya Marie.  Very nice young bitch, again from the  6-9 puppy
class.  Like the RWD/BP she can move with the best of them.   Very coordinated.

Nice middle piece, with proper angle of the croup. A  quality puppy.

WINNERS BITCH: "KARIZMA'S LIBERIA VON LOAR"  by Ch. Karizma's Born in  the
USA ex Karizma's Tanzania.
This black beauty came from the Open Class where she was joined by four
other lovely girls.  As most of you know, it is difficult at times  to judge a
black dog.  Every fault in magnified, and for some, it  is very difficult to
see
movement, especially shoulder  opening.  Because of her work ethic, this
lovely bitch got the  nod.  Believe me she worked for her major!  She worked
her
way from fourth place to the head of  the line.  While others in  the group
began to falter, she was consistent.  In fact, the more  she worked the better
she got.  Truly a complete package.   Front, back, croup, rear, everything
worked in harmony.  Seems like  she just floated over the ground.

BEST OF BREED:  "CH. ARAMIST'S ZILLION DOLLAR  GUY"   by Ch. Breauhausen's
Titanic ex Ch. Aramist's Ivana of  Kolbrook.
Not quite 3 years old, this young male recently finished and was moved up
from the Open Class to Specials.  Nice black/red with an amazing capacity  to
cover the ground without effort.  Best shoulder and rear of the  day!  With all
the angles this guy possesses he is squeaky clean coming and  going.  Everyone
else seemed to take two to three steps to his one.   His great masculine head
only added to his exceptional quality.  Very easy  choice for me to make.

BEST OPPOSITE SEX:  "CH. ROWLAND'S IN THE NAME OF LOVE"   by  Ch. Kismit's
Sight For Sore Eyes ex Alkarah's Silent Night Kismit.
Nice moving bitch from all angles.  She has a nice middle piece and  covers
the ground with an ease of motion that impressed me.  She  is small to medium
size, with nice bone.  Truly a  worthy Champion.

It is well known I am a nut for movement.  When I say movement I don't  mean
just from the side.  Movement to me is a good back, clean on both  ends, and a
croup that works.  There were some on this day,  while beautiful in breed
type, did not move properly.  For many  the problem was shoulders.  Proper
extension in front is (as it  has always been) a problem.  On a few nice dogs
clean
coming was a problem,  which hindered maximum extension.  Pounding in front
was evident after only  a few times around the ring.  There was one nice male
that  was absolutely beautiful, but was not clean coming in.  He kicked  out in
his left front causing a swinging motion, and wasted motion, hampering  full
extension.  As I have always said, "Pretty is as pretty  does!".

Have a great day,
Randy Chesnut