[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSD smarter than owner AGAIN

  • From: "Mary-Anne Boulet" <mary-anne.boulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD Show List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:01:02 -0400

I'm cracking myself up laughing here and thought I'd share.  I bought a
garbage can that has an infrared automatic lid opener.  I figured it would
work nicely in the motorhome as the one we have now can be a pain to get at
to lift the lid.  The new can has been sitting here since Saturday when I
bought it and neither of the dogs evinced any interest in.  I just put
Misty's new food into it as I need another can to keep it in and thought
what the heck...  Guess who figured out how to open the top as soon as the
food was put into it.  I hadn't even turned my back yet and she was into it
grabbing bites.  The same bag of food has been open and sitting on the floor
by her crate since Friday and wasn't interesting to either Misty or Magnum.
So now the purpose of the automatic opener has been defeated as I'll be
damned if I let her self feed (she's fat enough).  As I was writing this, I
heard total silence so I crept into the kitchen to see what was going on and
sure enough she was in there flicking her ears past the infrared.  Magnum
knows she can open it so as soon as she grabs a bite and lifts her head,
he's in there stealing some too.  But he hasn't quite figured out the reason
it opens.  This from the girl who can't get her CDX because of stage fright
(and health reasons).  Thank goodness this thing has an off/on switch.
Shame though, I thought I was on to a really great thing here.
Have a good one