[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSD 1950 and 1960

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 13:45:50 -0400

I finally had some time to look at the video. We are closing the office
tomorrow, so I have three days to get my work done. I felt I could take some
time off.

I want to share some thoughts.

I so enjoyed seeing my friends when they were young.

If anyone thinks we have not improved the breed, they need to watch this film.
I remember some of the dogs and they are/were fantastic. The question is,
would our modern dog, a bit longer with more shoulder, be more able to herd
sheep or would those dogs of the 50s do better?

I first understood movement when I saw a tape of Ghengis, and I will keep
searching for it. I know I have it. If I find it I sure will share it with the
List.

One of my early memories was walking out the back door at Fran-Jo and looking
to my right at the tombstone of Lance. We were there to breed to Mannix of
Fran-Jo. He wasn't a GV at that time.

I just hope some day someone will watch some films of the 2000s and say, "I
remember Evan Ginsburg". I don't care what comes next, but it would be nice to
think something I did will be remembered other than suing people.

Evan