[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Flying dogs and main hubs....again....

  • From: "Theresa-GSD Stolz" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "scenecrest" for DMARC)
  • To: lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx, 'Jeff Pyle' <windfallgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 17:11:51 -0700

Is there a reason this place would not work?

National Western Complex Denver

http://nationalwesterncomplex.com/

Theresa
scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx

On Sun, 7/26/15, Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Linda;  Until some actually TRY TO BOOK A
FLIGHT with a # 500 crate you have no way of knowing what will or will not work
with any given airport or airline.  When you speak to an airline agent....they
can tell
you one thing...but they are not the personnel booking
your flight and checking the
aircraft and flights to see if it will work and fit in the
aircraft door.
repeat..................sigh......I wish it were not
so....but....Most of the time it will notwork with a # 500 unless it is a
main hub airport for a dog friendly airline.
INTERNATIONAL airports are not necessarily main
hubs.  Sacramento is an International
airport.    The big Air Bus and 737's and whatever
elsesounds good for # 500 crates will
not work if there is ANY connecting flight most of
the time
THEY MUST be directly coming into,  or coming out of a direct flight..and
that 'generally' is to a main
hub airport for that particular airline.
On MOST connecting flights...one of the aircraft is
small. That is WHY they connect at a main
hub for that airline.   IT'S SO
SIMPLE!MOST....not all....But
MOST....affects most of those traveling with dogs in # 500
crates!!
The National Chair or
Committee needs to understand this!!  Also...the airlines are always
changing and buying out and changing flights now.
Hard to keep up.   What
works this year...may not work next year.

Recently a Reno Club member could
not get a bitch flown from Denver, Co. to RenoNevada!
 Denver is a secondary hub for
Delta and United and Continental!!  We live between Sacramento and
Reno.   ..... both airports are
easily available for us.
We can fly a 4 mos. old puppy out
of Sacramento in a # 400.
THAT'S IT most ofthe time!!
and then... they occasionally question about the four
month old in a # 400.  Again.......Main hubs
are:Houston Texas for
ContinentalAtlanta
Ga. for DeltaDallas /Ft. Worth, Texas for
AmericanMinn. / St. Paul for Northwest or
Frontier...not sure anymore.Seattle, Wa.
for Alaskan/ Horizon...maybe Frontier or
Northwest.  Chicago for just about any major
airline.
LAX for just about any major
airline.
San Francisco is good for a lot of
flights.Salt Lake City, Utah ...still a
Subsidiary airport for Delta, Continental and United.
Denver, Colo.....still a Subsidiary airport for
Delta, Continental and United...maybe more.
Southwest NEVER
ever flew dogs.USAir no longer doesAmerican joined with America West
and I don't think they take dogs anymoreJet Blue...no dogsSomeone said
Frontier no longer
takes dogs.

Carolyn
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Behalf Of Linda Bankhead Sent:
Sunday, July 26, 2015 1:14 PM To: Jeff Pyle
Cc: showgsd-l Subject: The Board
Meeting / some questions  I just checked for flights
from  Atlanta to Reno.  A good test because Atlanta is the
busiest airport in North America;
plus it is a major hub for Delta.    Delta, American, and United
have zero direct flights.Flights will have to stop in
Dallas, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, or Chicago.

 I then
tried New York to Reno.  JFK and Laguardia.  Both huge
airports and in thetop 10 busiest.  No direct
flights.

 On Sun, Jul 26,
2015 at 3:32 PM, Jeff Pyle <windfallgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

This subject is
being discussed on A Facebook thread.  Chris Loomis called
Delta and United and was told that their air busses in and
out of Reno CAN accommodate 500, 600, & 700 crates...
 I am certain the Board will research and find out for
sure, but maybe some things have changed in regard to
possibilities....?  Jeff PyleWindfall

On Sunday,
July 26, 2015, Carolyn Martello
<marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Would love to have a National in
Reno.....but it is not an accommodating airport
for# 500 crates.
None of us can get a dog in or out of Reno  in a #
500....to or from just about anywhere??.   They would
have to fly into the Bay Area to make it work.
Hope they listened to Helen's
request.    Wonder why handlers can no longer
Judge Futurities after 2017?   Most Clubs
havere-cycled most of
the Judges by the time we all put on two shows a year with
all theshows within a day
driving distance.  In the case of our Shows in
Sacramento.....we use four judges for that
weekend.   Did the handler
judges not pull good entries this year and last?   I never
really kept track or paid
attention.......? Carolyn
l.

 -- Lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx
is Copyrighted 2015. All material remains the property of the original author
permitted without prior permission of both the original author AND of the

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post. This group and its
any post. POSTS CANNOT BE USED IN A COURT OF LAW.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html