[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fading puppies and a few other questions

  • From: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 05:54:01 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

  Pasterns: At what age would you give up on having them come up? ( assuming
supplements etc have been given )

  Ears: same question

  Megaesophagus: at what age has this become completely evident? What have you
done that helps them?

  Still born pups: swing them? rub them? both? immerse in water and massage the
heart?  puppy CPR? What has worked?

  Fading puppies: ( break my heart) What do you do?

  Bitches in Whelp: Amoxicillin? When? How much? Or??

  Thank you so very very much for answering these questions....more to follow
if you don't mind!

  Here's my wish for 2006....may all your breeding programs have sweet and
healthy babies with outstanding perfect temperaments and may all the pups be
treasured and cherished.

  I have appreciated my time on this list....I have made friends, developed
enemies, and found out that people I thought were friends are truly not, but
also found that my true friends are still there. I have found that some will
"shelter" abusers (gotta' make you think about the protectors of that sort of
scum ! ) , I have gained hordes of first hand knowledge from "old timers" *
bowing down and thanking you from my heart, I sooo appreciate it! * ,

  Thank you Adims for allowing me the space to bitch and not booting me!

  The job you do is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  Colleen Donnelly

           GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG BREED BETTERMENT REGISTRY

"Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is
it popular?' But conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a
point when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor
popular, but one must take it because one's conscience tells him or her that it
is right." ..Dr.Martin Luther King, Jr.