[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: English GSD Lines

  • From: BJBuie@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 18:29:23 EST

Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 08:12:53 -0800 (PST)
From: "D.G.Bonome" <lexieshep@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: English GSD LINES
Does anyone know how the English lines are faring today? Does anyone have
friends in England that they keep in touch with? Dawn

I go back to England, usually every year, every other year at most.  I
attended Crufts in 2002 and 2004.  In 2004 I spent time with some breeders at
the
show and acquired the handbooks from both the "Parent Clubs."  One club, the
original "GS" Parent club is now mostly promoting the "International" style
dog,
(read "German" style) and a new club was formed a few years ago to concentrate
on the traditional "English" lines. The difference in the two "types" are
easily distinguished.  The "International" style, as expected looks like the
German style dog and the "traditional English" dogs are lower to the ground,
longer in body, lighter in colouration, etc.  I can give more information later
by
private memo to those interested and include some jpeg photos of the current
top dogs of both "lines."

Betty Johnson
Tintagel
www.Tintagelgsckcs.com