[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Edie and Jim Hall

  • From: Margery Golant <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx>, <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 18:53:45 -0400

I agree.  It is a sad commentary that people would spread vicious rumors and
attempt to blacken the names of other people to further their own agendas.

I was surprised and disturbed to find that I have been the subject of a vicious
and untrue rumor (of course propagaged by someone with an agenda), claiming
that I am somehow involved in a "scam" involving List rescue funds.  What a sad
joke !  What makes this particularly bizarre and evil is that breed rescue
affects me so deeply, and I so admire the people who do this work.  I would do
(and always have done) anything in my power to assist rescue, have donated
personally innumerable times, currently have two rescue dogs who became and
remain permanent members of my household, and cannot even take credit for the
original idea to do a List raffle to raise rescue funds, although it is a great
idea, and has resulted in a pool of emergency funds which we have tried to
spread around in ways that seemed to do the most good at the time.  For
example, last year, Showgsd-l made significant donations to the Fund for the
Amboy Dogs, and to Hurricane Relief.

Particularly laughable, as for the 'scam' part, is that, in my career as an
attorney, I have been personally responsible for maintaining many millions of
dollars in escrow funds.  I cannot even begin to imagine how anyone could, with
a straight face, claim that I would or could do anything funky involving
anyone's money at all, but least of all that small fund collected to assist
unfortunate German Shepherd Dogs.   How sad.

By the way, if anyone wants details regarding the List Raffle Rescue Fund, we
are always happy to oblige - please feel free to contact the Admins. privately.
 We are proud of what little the List has been able to do to assist in the
bottomless pit of need for rescue funds, and have no secrets concerning these
efforts.

Margy Golant

From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
Date: 2005/08/05 Fri PM 05:51:09 EDT
To: sally@xxxxxxxxxxx,  helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,  showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Edie and Jim Hall

In a message dated 8/5/2005 4:42:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
sally@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Please people, when you hear vicious rumors, please consider the source.
+++++++++++++++++++++=
I think all of us who judge or have been around awhile have had the rumor
mongers go after us. What hurts is when you think people are your friends and
they spread the rumors.
The interesting this is that these people are too busy wagging their tongues
to take the time to ask you what the situation really was. It is much more fun
to gossip- Usually they only end up making them selves look bad
Sally

A few years ago I received numerous phone calls and e-mails asking me if I
made a certain comment at a show that past weekend in Somewhere, U.S.A.  Bottom
Line, Patty and I were home that weekend attending to family business.
Malicious people exist, but it also becomes apparent after awhile, that they
have an
agenda!

Gary Szymczak