[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Die Grossmutter... 'not popular'

  • From: "Theresa-GSD Stolz" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "scenecrest" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 13:12:09 -0700

Would it not be possible to hire certain haulers to bring dogs to the Nationals.
I am talking handlers and owners not outsiders. Years ago people traveled
with their GSDs West to East coast without a problem but did it by car, van,
trucks, etc. There are ways to set up various vehicles to travel with dogs
without
them living in crates for days on end. My SUV taking back seats out and Truck
backseat down are set up to travel with dogs with or without a crate. I never
leave my
dogs at home but travel with them, lots of dog friendly motels and can do 10-11
hours
in a day. Importing a dog is the only time I would ever need my dog to fly but
better yet let
another breeder bring the dog here and buy one of their pups.

Years ago did they not hold several GSD shows in different sections of the
country
rather than National?

Theresa
scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx

On Mon, 7/20/15, Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

RE: Die Grossmutter... 'not popular'

MANY of us on the West Coast and surrounding States cannot fly a dog to a
National on the
East Coast ( airline issues )  and it is beyond reason to drive that far with
dogs.

MANY on the East Coast and surrounding States cannot fly a
dog to a National on the West Coast

( airline issues)  and is beyond reason to drive that far with dogs.

It just seems simple enough to consider locations that are at least
"doable".   Someone will always be unhappy that the National is not
closer.   We simply cannot accommodate every State or locale.

Middle ground seems the only reasonable
answer.   Colorado, Utah, St.
Louis, Kansas...maybe Kentucky?

Sure would save the Club a small
fortune also....compared to flying all over looking for
sites that will not really work well.....and please a
few.

I know this is not a "popular"  comment to
those who want it in their area..but our major
concern  if we care about the National and the future of
our Breed.....it should be availability
to everyone....WITH DOGS!!

Carolyn
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.marhaven.com

is Copyrighted 2015. All material remains the property of the original author
permitted without prior permission of both the original author AND of the

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post. This group and its
any post. POSTS CANNOT BE USED IN A COURT OF LAW.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html