[ SHOWGSD-L ] Diamond Pet Food Recall

  • From: Stephen Reierstad <wmj1944@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:39:58 -0800 (PST)

Received this on another List.

Permission to Crosspost.

Diamond Pet Food

 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

December 20, 2005

Media Contact:

Mark Brinkman, Diamond Pet Food

573/229-4203

Diamond Pet Food has discovered aflatoxin in a product manufactured
at our facility in Gaston, South Carolina. Aflatoxin is a naturally
occurring toxic chemical by-product from the growth of the fungus
Aspergillus flavus, on corn and other crops.

  Out of an abundance of caution, we have notified our distributors
and recommended they hold the sale of all Diamond Pet Food products
formulated with corn that were produced out of our Gaston facility
(see complete list below). Please note that products manufactured at
our facilities in Meta, Missouri and Lathrop, California are not
affected.  The Gaston facility date codes are unique from other
Diamond facility codes in that either the eleventh or twelfth
character in the date code will be a capital ?G? (in reference to
Gaston).  The range of date codes being reviewed are ?Best By
01-March-07? through Best By ?11-June-07?.  Diamond?s quantitative
analysis records substantiate that Diamond?s corn shipments were
definitively clear of aflatoxin after December 10.  As such, ?Best By
11-June-07? date codes or later are not affected by this notice.

States serviced by our Gaston facility include Alabama, Connecticut,
Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky (eastern), Main, Maryland,
Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York,
North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina,
Tennessee, West Virginia, Vermont, and Virginia.

We are rapidly analyzing retained samples of all products produced in
Gaston so we can isolate specific lot numbers impacted and provide
this information to our distributors, retailers and customers as
quickly as possible.

 Meanwhile, if your pet is showing any symptoms of illness, including
sluggishness or lethargy combined with a reluctance to eat, yellowish
tint to the eyes and/or gums, and severe or bloody diarrhea, please
consult your veterinarian immediately.

 Product quality and customer satisfaction are important to us. We
pledge to keep you updated as new developments occur.

 Gaston Facility Products Removed From Sale

Diamond Low Fat Dog Food
Diamond Hi-Energy Dog Food
Diamond Maintenance Dog Food
Diamond Performance Dog Food
Diamond Premium Adult Dog Food
Diamond Puppy Food
Diamond Maintenance Cat Food
Diamond Professional Cat Food
Country Value Puppy]
Country Value Adult Dog
Country Value High Energy Dog
Country Value Adult Cat Food
Professional Chicken & Rice Senior Dog Food
Professional Reduced Fat Chicken & Rice Dog Food
Professional Adult Dog Food
Professional Large-Breed Puppy Food
Professional Puppy Food
Professional Reduced Fat Cat Food
Professional Adult Cat Food

This is also on their website, www.diamondpetfoods.com.

Steve

Visit Two Feathers German Shepherds online at http://www.wmj1944.com
Website updated 7/7/2005.
"If you invite the Wolf to Dinner, then don't get mad when he eats something."
- Unknown