[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Central location

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:49:25 EST

In a message dated 12/27/2005 11:09:26 P.M. Central Standard Time,
mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The  situation is
further complicated by the constantly changing landscape: the  fact that good
sites may become unavailable when we need them (i.e. Perry),  the fact that
airlines change their dog-transport policies (i.e USAir), and  by the fact
that we need to commit to sites years ahead of the event.   So, we had a
great location at Perry that got scarfed up by other groups,  we had the
potential of a great location at Concord that took a hit from  USAir's
bankruptcy.  There are many other intangible and  uncontrollable factors
which can step in to mess things up, and once we  have planned on a site, the
occurrence of any of these  becomes our  problem.

Margy

This is going to change our whole way of doing our Nationals. Lets  face
it--we can't keep doing it like we have for the past 50 years, The rules  have
changed. And we do need to try and satisfy all our members interests. The
suggestion was made at one time that we hold two Nationals---Conformation and
Performance. No one likes to split our National up,but we must face  that ,we
are
going to be forced to  compromise some things whether we  like it or not. We do
make our largest income from the National,and that  helps pay for our other
programs that benefit the membership. Another  suggestion was that we have
Regional Nationals,like the Alaskan  Malamutes--something like our Futurities.
thereby allowing  everyone  to  compete. No ,they don't have a run off for the
final GV&  GVX,because they don't have such a title. But didn't we used to have
a West  Coast GV&GVX ?? and that was their title.. Anyway,we are going to be
forced  to make some changes for future Nationals,I'm afraid. We don't like it
but we  have to be realistic. Anyone else have some ideas ? Helen Miller
Fisher