[ SHOWGSD-L ] Be careful what you asked for

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:29:06 EST

In a message dated 12/14/2005 7:08:44 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Yes!!!  Tell it.

A client years ago called. She was being sued. It seemed she  had sold a half
interest on her dog, and the man who bought the interest was not  satisfied
with the stud fees he was getting. The dog did finish, but he couldn't  figure
out why he was only getting half of ten or so stud fees a year.   This dog was
the love of her life, and after the years, she was being sued to  give up her
dog.

He actually filed a law suit, and the plaintiff claimed the  owners were
given the dog, and then sold him, the plaintiff, , (for money) a  half
interest.
He also, through his attorney didn't understand why the bitches  didn't pay to
be bred and yet the dog was getting paid. The attorney had no idea  what the
dog world was about, and when  he set depositions, I attended  while my clients
ended up in tears before the depositions were over.  They  had answered
interrogatories, had produced documents, and spent the year in  litigation and
fear
they might lose their best friend.

We approached trial, and at the last minute  settled the  case. The Plaintiff
wanted to get off the dog, so he gave up his interest, in  return he got a
puppy, and the promise of another puppy in the future.  We  got it settled
about
a month before the national.

The poor dog involved was eight years old by then, but the  owners wanted to
show him one more time, since he was the house dog, lived  inside, and was the
most important dog in their lives. So, they entered him at  the national, as
the sole owners for the first time that year.

That was the year Crunch went Grand Victor, and I didn't stop  grinning for
ten weeks.  Cappy and Gloria had to go through a year of  litigation to prove
what a great dog they had.

The Plaintiff was at the national and had enough class to  congratulate them,
but I am not sure he meant it.  He didn't own a Grand  Victor.  Cappy and
Gloria did!

It remains one of my most satisfying wins.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together