[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BAD.... illustrated standard

  • From: AGray40366@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:52:10 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/2005 1:34:48 AM Central Standard Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxx writes:
What is  the harm in allowing Breeders and Judges and Exhibitors....MEMBERS...
to at  least see the new improved version before it is put to a vote??
This is one  of the single biggest driving forces in our visual on our
Standard
and our  daily decisions, whether Judging, chosing pups or entering shows.
RUSHING  it through and forcing the Board to make an up or down vote on a
mediocre  or bad version will be the single biggest mistake we can allow as an
entire  membership of 4,000.   WHY alienate a membership and waste the  money
if it happens to be just mediocre or even bad??   I don't  get it.....when
did we
run out of TIME?     No time for the  membership??
GEEEEEZ.......even a space program has to be scrapped  occasionally......

Carolyn   marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

I sure agree with that. We are all members, we should have a chance to  input
into this, we show to a lot of judges that come from other breeds. We want
to make certain they have the right tools to evaluate our dogs. I haven't
rec'd copy yet, but understand it is not what we understand to be desired
angulation. I don't want a 4 square dog. I don't want one with the angulation
of
just any other breed. I want OUR angulation, movement, structure, and most of
all, a great suspended trot with transmission from the rear. But then, what can

I say, a lot of the other breeds just look stilted in movement compared to a
gsd. I want everyone to see the power in a spectacular moving gsd. If I
wanted a  square dog, with four point movement, I'd get a bird dog. I want bird
dog
people  to be able to see and appreciate the difference. Hopefully most of us
already  know what it looks like.
Ann Gray