[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AN OBSERVATION OF COLOR DEPTH AND COAT LENGTH

  • From: Jackie Short <marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 16:56:56 -0400

If you want to be offended, that's your choice.  What I mean by "sick of
black and red" doesn't mean "Eradicate black and red!  OMG it's AWFUL!".  It
means "it's not the only color in existence".  I don't get what the
obsession is to have a black and red dog.  I'd own one, but I wouldn't
obsess with breeding them  Seeing ONE pattern all the time is, IMO, boring.
The GSD is one of those breeds that comes in MANY colors, so why is there
such an obsession with just ONE!?
You say "color is not very important" (you also assume I have not read any
history).  As per the standard it is not important, but people (in this
particular case, the Germans) have MADE it important to them, breeding only
black and red saddled dogs.

I would like to see a non working line bi color west german show line
myself!
--
Jackie & Marcato German Shepherds
S Konzert vom Drachenberg, RN, CD, CGC "Strauss"