[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC Rules

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx>, <Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:51:04 -0500

I should mention that when speaking about the AKC, it isn't all about German
Shepherds...and the GSD fancy has to remember that.
   Just as so many people outside the Shepherd world think all German
Shepherds are crippled, they also think that all German Shepherd people are
crazy...running around the ring with cowbells, big whistles, and chains
around their necks.......and yes, some do that.
   Any doubts I had about non GSD people understanding the breed, or even
wanting to, were removed last week after Carolyn sent the Dingo video to the
Judges list...
and so many argued that it was bad movement and explained why German
Shepherds can't go in a straight line.
    My own feeling is that if you don't know anything about the judges at
the all breeds, don't take a major entry, and don't anyone enter more than
one dog...because it isn't just the reps you will be fighting.   If you want
to show at all breeds (and I thank God so many do, because it  was, after
all, at the all breeds that I got to judge Mystique (years before Jimmy got
her), Conan, BlackJack, Indy,  MiniMe, Starsky, many of Tom and Sandy's
dogs, Scoop (before I had the distinct pleasure of becoming his co-owner)
and dozens more...(even Sparkle Plenty, altho I believe I put her sister up
over her, sigh)...
    Before you enter the allbreed shows, try to find out something about the
judges first........if you don't know them, be careful what you take.  AND
by all means, if the Field Rep is going to be one of the lunatics like the
one this past weekend at Fitchburg, be prepared.........and don't be afraid
to call the police at a moment's notice.  Remember...there is nothing in
writing against exhibitors double handling....the entire onus is on the
judge...AND if you are the judge, and the Rep enters your ring, THROW THE
SUCKER OUT!!!  Smile and say "if you have anything to say to me, you can say
it when I'm done here.  In the meantime, leave."
You are within your rights to do that...and the AKC MUST back you up on that
stand...if they don't, sue them, too (or just threaten to do it).  Very few
people have sued the AKC and lost, remember.  And the rules are in
writing...the judge can order ANYONE from the ring.
  Peggy
.