[ SHOWGSD-L ] A question for and about judges

  • From: David Fritsche <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 19:56:32 +0000 (GMT)

If you only have two friends, I would not show under them.... <G> But
I'll bet you're like most of us - you're on a show circuit with people
you meet every month or so and they all become friends, so if you didn't
show under them, you wouldn't show at all.

Fortunately AKC Guidelines for judges defines this for us - as a
relationship that involves business, co-ownerships, handling, etc. with
the judge or their family or your family.

We were at the Eugene shows some years ago and one of the exhibitors ran
from ringside crying - another exhibitor had loudly criticized her at
ring side for entering under a judge she had socialized with. I grabbed
her and took her back ringside and told her loudly so all could hear,
that everyone there knew this judge, had socialized with her from time
to time and if she pulled, we'd all have to pull. Then I challenged her
loudly to "go pick up and beat me if you can. And don't you dare confirm
that this judge is not honest." She did, but my dog won anyway!
Dave