[ SHOWGSD-L ] A new title?

  • From: Robert Utter <utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 13:38:19 -0400

If I am correct (and I may not be), the Temperament Test for Dobes is
necessary for the dog to attain the highest award given them.    It is
beyond a CH and likely beyond our Select and probably beyond the AOE.
Why couldn't the GSD do something like that?   Continue with the CH,
select, and  even the AOE as it is now.  Add the stringent Temperament
test (maybe not the same test as it is now) as something to work to
achieve and that would show the highest level of proper temperament in
our dogs.   A real goal that would be for the "total" dog - CH, Select,
AOE and-------whatever name given to it for courage, stability etc.
earned from the test.
Anne, TN