[ SHOWGSD-L ] A Strange Moment with a GSD

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <jokaysedona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 11:48:38 -0700

            On Monday 02-03-2014 I made a run to Wal*mart. As I was leaving
the store parking lot I had to stop before I made a turn to my left because
of two older men some where in their early seventies or late sixties
crossing in front of me with an older black and tan German Shepherd Dog with
a gray muzzle. The one man was on the end of the dog's long leash. The
shepherd was huge maybe weighing a good ninety to a hundred pounds. As the
two men and shepherd crossed in front of me I then drove off slowly because
of the long leash trailing behind the dog. I'm probably going about five
miles an hour when all of sudden the shepherd is looking right in my drivers
window and runs along side my car dragging the older man behind him. Now the
dog is running along side my car window looking straight into my eyes
jumping up and down. I can still see the dogs large face focused right on
mine. He continues to jump at my car totally focused on me. He's not
growling her barking. Just that look like; it give me the goose bumps in the
way he was acting. The older man is trying to pull the dog from my car. The
men looked shocked in what the dog was doing. As they pulled the dog away I
was probably about fifteen feet away when the dog charges once again after
my car pulling the man off of his feet. The other man with him I see in my
side mirror throws his hands up in the air like: "What in the world is going
on with this dog?" The dog is now trying to chase after my car until the
other man helps to hold the large shepherd back. I could see in my mirror
both men were looking frantic with each other and looking as if they were
conversing in why the dog was doing that. At this point I could see in my
mirror the dog is still jumping up and down on the end of his leash still
looking my way. At this point I didn't want to stop and talk with the men
because the dog being totally out of control.

Now, the only thing I could think of in why this dog did what he did was
smelling the chicken sandwiches I picked up from McDonald's I had in my car,
or the smell of my German Shepherd Dog Koda I had in my back seat the day
before as I turned the corner close by the shepherd. The dog might have
possibly thought he recognized me or my car from another time in his life.
It still gives me goose bumps in what happened it was so odd.

Kathy Partch

www.JoKaySedona.com <http://www.jokaysedona.com/>

http://showgsd.org/mail.html