[seeditmaxi] Re: Google

  • From: Marty <marty.skinner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:24:18 -0500

It took my site about a week to get picked up, during which I had submitted several updated sitemaps (to correct errors that Google had spotted). My Sitemap really only has a few pages of interest (to Google) so there may be a difference if you've got lots of different pages with content listed.

The initial testing of the Sitemaps showed up fairly soon though. Google still shows some early errors in their Diagnostics section of the Webmaster Tools web site, even though they were cleaned up in later updates.

They seem to be pulling the Sitemap from my site every couple of days even without me submitting it again.

/Marty