T17 Backpacking Trip - McAfee Knob

  • From: "John Maynard" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 12:19:05 -0400

Hello folks, it's time to climb another mountain.  We will be backpacking
next Friday Nov. 11-13.  Our schedule showed a "coastal" hike that has been
postponed due to the hurricane damage to the trails in that area.  We are
now planning a Virginia Mountain hike to McAfee Knob on the Appalachian
Trail <https://sites.google.com/site/scouttroop17/camping/campgrpbp/mcafee>
(click for more info).  This hike is listed as the most "photographed"
section of the AT.

Date: Friday November 11-13

Leave: 4:30p  from the Scout Hut

Return: 2p +/- Sunday 13th

Cost:  TBD (most likely gas $ + food on the road)

Register: Registration
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFdQQzY4YkR3T
i1aNG43bW5taEU4WVE6MQ#gid=5> & Permission Form (Online Form)

We are now using a new "Online" Registration system (Scouts & Adults) which
also doubles as the Permission Form for the scouts.  This is important for
the Adults as well as Scout registration.  This produces a report that we
will use for our trip planning so please register early so we don't miss
anyone, by clicking this link: Registration
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFdQQzY4YkR3T
i1aNG43bW5taEU4WVE6MQ#gid=5> & Permission Form.

As always and is most important for "High Adventure" trips, we will be
covering all details during the meeting prior to the trip (next Tuesday) so
we need all scouts present (ready to take notes).  We will be covering meal
prep and seeing a Backpack demonstration and "shakedown".  Any participating
dads will greatly benefit as well.

If you are not on the registration list, we will assume you are not on the
trip.  We do not need to know if you are not attending.  This helps reduce
emails.

Thanks and we look forward to next weekend.  See you Tuesday!

John Maynard