Geocaching Merit Badge Update

  • From: "John Maynard" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 00:09:35 -0400

Hello folks, yes, the subject line is correct.  We began learning about the
exciting "techno" treasure hunting hobby of Geocaching.  This is a new merit
badge by BSA and one that I personally enjoy.

Tonight, while we learned a little about the overall hobby, I asked that the
scouts do two things.

1)    Download, print and bring with them the Geocaching Merit Badge

2)    Visit the website ( ) to learn more about
Geocaching (watch the 60 second video that tells you all about it) and with
the blessing of parents, they can create a family account to learn and begin
this adventure.

Over the next several weeks we will learn more and even find a few caches as

Have a great day!

John Maynard