[School-GNU-Linux] Re: One more itexam with bugs

  • From: "Vimal Joseph" <vimaljoseph@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: schoolgnu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 22:04:35 +0530

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:34 PM, Suman Thomas
<suman_palai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> have you deleted all the old patch files from your system ? Alas ! the new
> itexam has also several bugs...

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your feedback. The problems you have pointed out are not
bugs in the ITExam software.

> 1) in several questions it is asked to open files from "Documents" folder
> and copy it into your document. but the specified files are not there to
> your surprise...

In the installation guide (included in the CD) clearly says you should
remove images8, images9, images10, exam8, exam9, exam10 and Documents
folders from your home folder before installing the itexam. If you
follow this, the problem wont happen.

> 3) the old problem which makes the computer hang when the dialogue box of
> Time elapsed is displayed still persists...

It is not the problem that existed in the older version of itexam.

In the new exam software, if you select current question button, it
will show the current question in a small window. When that window is
displayed, it is not possible to use/access the exam control panel
(which is not necessary). The student can close that window to re
enable access to the exam control panel.

The student can use the current question button any time to view the
question. This wont affect the exam as the student can continue answer
the question even when the current question is not closed. It only
affect when the student try to choose next question but he/she can
close the current question window before trying to access the control
window. .

> 2) i am not sure we can use the old timer patch for this exam. hope we can
> hear from the master trainers.

There is no need to apply the patch. As the issue can be solved by
closing the current question window.

regards,

~vimal
For Tips and Tricks on School GNU/Linux visit
http://support.space-kerala.org

To change your subscription options to this list visit
http://support.space-kerala.org/mailinglist.html