[scag] Just another smegging day.

  • From: Michael Domoney <michael.domoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: scag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:29:02 +0100

Hello fellow SCAGittes,

It's been a bit quiet for a while so I thought I'd share this little
GEM.

See: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/20/outlaw_printer_dots/

"Secret tracking codes in laser printers cracked

Big brother does dot-to-dot

By OUT-LAW.COM

Published Thursday 20th October 2005 09:55Â GMT

The pages that are printed by your colour laser printer may include tiny dots,
almost invisible to the naked eye. The dots form a code that can be read by the
US Secret Service, ostensibly to track down counterfeiters. Now, for the first
time, the code has been cracked.

The Secret Service has admitted before that the tracking information is part of
a deal struck with selected colour laser printer manufacturers - including
Xerox, Canon and many others. If a colour laser printer is used to forge a
document and agents get sight of the document, the codes can be read. However,
the full nature of the private information encoded in each document was not
previously known.

Read on the above URL for the rest of the dirt.

So, if you've been making your own money, watch out :)

ALSO

I went out into the back garden this PM to do my duty and bring the
washing in.

AND

Got stung twice on the same smegging hand by a Bee :(

I was going to set up one of my CD32's in my bedroom tonight, but,
because I have reacted to the Bee venom, yes, I am smegging sensitive
to stings I now have a left hand like a pudding :)

And ALL my joints have reacted and are flaring up.

Why is it when I feel a bit frisky all the wrong bits have to swell
up and go stiff ???  ;)

Take care.

Kind regards, Michael

aka rockape