[scag] A600 Projects...

  • From: Mark Benson <markbenson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: scag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:16:06 +0000

Speaking of A600s, my project is coming along at a good pace. I have worked out
how to get -12V out of the PSU I fitted (old Mac unit) using some devious
electronics so I will eventually be able to lose the A500 external PSU and
exchange it for an all-enclosed solution.

My only issue now is the replacement PSU is a  36W unit. Will that be enough to
power a 3.5" hard disk, slimline CD, floppy, A600 and eventually an 030
accelerator? I think it'll just about scrape it but I'll need a fan in there to
keep it cool. Any second opinions?

Suffice to say the basic machine will be done in time to be unveiled at SCAG on
the 19th November, hopefully with the CD drive fitted if I get time to make the
frame to hold it.

What is it that drives us to take what most consider the worst Amiga made and
do these crazy things with it!

--
Mark Benson

http://homepage.mac.com/markbenson