[sanesecurity] Re: clamd crashes, or lack there of

  • From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <henrique.holschuh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 09:39:05 -0300

Bill Maidment wrote:
Sad to say, with clamav-0.95RC2 installed, I am getting crashes (about 1 a day). I'd say that clamav-0.95RC1 was less prone to crash, but it still happened every few days.

Try to trigger the following race conditions:

1. Ongoing scan of a file  +   database reload

2. Database reload (due to freshclam - I think it uses the signal) + database reload (due to sanesecurity download scripts, might be signals or something else).

If either one causes the bug, report this to the clamav bugzila, please.

I think (2) is more probable. It is one of two differences between everyone that doesn't use sanesecurity, and everyone that does (the other being the signatures themselves, of course).

BTW: I haven't had a single crash yet, Debian Lenny 64-bits, freshclam + the usual sanesecurity scripts, all operating in signal mode, and not triggering at the same time (mostly by luck). However, my scan race windows are *small*, so it shouldn't be easy for this box to hit the bug if it is indeed either (1) or (2).

--
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
IM@ - Informática de Municípios Associados

Antes de imprimir, lembre-se de seu compromisso com o Meio Ambiente
e do custo que você pode evitar.