[sanesecurity] Re: !INFECTED! hbone.hu as a spammer domain: incorrect

  • From: Bill Landry <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 10:11:29 -0800

On 2/9/2012 7:09 AM, "Tóth Attila" wrote:
The Hungarian internet's core network is called HBONE.
Recently I've received some emails from the bug tracking system of HBONE
marked as infected.
Infected (INetMsg.SpamDomain-2w.hbone_hu.UNOFFICIAL)
I think hbone is an essential component of the Hungarian network. The
official mailing lists are coming from this domain. I think there might be
illegal activity using this domain as well, but essentially hbone is not a
spammer. Their mailing lists are opt-in. So anyone subscribed for an
unwanted list can easily remove themselves.

Please consider removing hbone.hu from the spammer domain list.

Thanks for the report, the domain has been removed from the SpamDomains signature databases.

Regards,

Bill