[sanesecurity] Re: FP on INetMsg.SpamDomain-2w.en25_com - again...

  • From: "Bill Landry" <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:11:02 -0700

> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 06:54:09AM -0700, Bill Landry wrote:
>> Henrik Krohns wrote:
>> there
>> careful
>> 7154
>> >
>> > And it's pretty obvious that you didn't understand my point at all..
>>
>> Henrik, while I appreciate your feedback and perspective, you have
>> published to this list now several times that you think the INetMsg
>> signature are not useful for you to run, so I'm wondering why you
>> continue to use them?
>
> If you haven't noticed, I am somewhat active person around. I like to know
> what stuff works and what doesn't and I have resources to run it all.
> Someone asked a legimate question, and I provided an answer.

Yes, but what you fail to provide, and failed to respond to in this email,
is the fact that your results provide no basis in reality for anyone else.
 As I'm sure you would acknowledge, everyones spam is different.
Otherwise we could all use a single source for all of our spam filtering.

> I'm happy to see the effort here, even though sometimes I question the way
> some of it is implemented. Meaning ClamAV, the phishing stuff and
> signatures
> work in complicated ways. But you do your best to provide for it, no
> problem.

I have also just implemented another level of spam checking and am now
also stripping all domains that do not contain at least 5 characters at
the second level domain (for example: 12345[.]net) instead of the former 4
charcter requirement.

Bill