[sanesecurity] Re: Bad signatures

  • From: Bill Maidment <bill.maidment@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:22:23 +1100

Steve Basford wrote:
Has someone hijacked the site? Or is this just me?

Hi Bill,

1 person reported a temporary problem yesterday with a download, but when
I checked all the mirrors a bit later, they were all fine.

What *may* have happened is you downloaded a database, while I was
uploading to the mirrors and so the database file didn't matched the
signed file.

I've added an extra option to rsync "--delay-updates" which should have
avoid issues like this.

Let me know if you see the problem again.

You may have noticed that I'm still getting this problem, but not all the time. It would appear to depend on which mirror I access. I have set up a test server to fully monitor this issue and I will try and collate which mirrors are problematic for me.
Cheers
Bill

--
Bill Maidment