[sanesecurity] Re: Access to all Sanesecurity mirror sites failed

  • From: Cedric Knight <cedric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 16:04:45 +0000

On 03/03/13 23:05, James Brown wrote:

> OK, maybe it doesn't work:
>
> $ sudo /usr/bin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh

> Access to all Sanesecurity mirror sites failed - Check for connectivity issues
> or signature database name(s) misspelled in the script's configuration file.

> SecuriteInfo Database File Updates
>
> Checking for updated SecuriteInfo database file: #

Just to check, was there a "#" character included within a string in the
config file, ie you missed commenting out the preceding line?

2) BTW, I don't think it's related to the above, but
clamav-unofficial-sigs 3.6 (currently the Debian stable version, but
dated 2009) had a problem downloading securiteinfo.hdb since Tuesday 5
March:
   "Clamscan reports Sanesecurity securiteinfo.hdb database integrity
tested BAD - SKIPPING"

This was due to it relying on a missing file
http://clamav.securiteinfo.com/securiteinfo.hdb.gz.  Arnaud has kindly
restored this file.  Upgrading to a Debian backport (3.7.1) also fixes
the warning.