[sagittaug] Notes from today's meeting

  • From: "Johnmichael P. Monteith" <jpmonteith@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sagittaug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 16:27:56 -0700

Thank you to all that could make the meeting today.  A huge thank you to
AAA Washington for hosting the meeting and having tasty donuts available
that Colin couldn't have because he was on the speakerphone.

A couple notes that came out of the meeting:
Here is a patch for IE7 which I promised to pass along.  Note the
information about the release you will want to install on your Sagitta
server, however:
https://web.psflink.com/filelink/d.asp?fid=3862&sid=73MB4SGG3I
<https://web.psflink.com/filelink/d.asp?fid=3862&sid=73MB4SGG3I>

Note that for tab browsing to work right with Sagitta, you will want to
go to Tools / Internet Options / click the 'Settings' button for 'Tabs',
and in that window set 'When a pop-up is encountered: Always open
pop-ups in new tab' and 'Open links from other programs in: A new tab in
the current window'.

We had a brief discussion about eForms crashes.  One was the
personalization of lines of business, and I believe you should
occasionally be making a backup of this directory, especially after
making major personalization changes:
\AMSForms\AeFTemp\gemdata

I believe (but don't hold me to it) that each of the files in there is
the personalization, and when problems with personalization happen, this
is where you fix it - by restoring the file(s) for that particular line.

There was great support of the letter Eric put together to go to tech
support.  I think there was a suggestion to add a line regarding the
time it takes for a response on 'system down' tickets, but other than
that it was met with some enthusiasm.  I do not want us to add anyone's
name that has not officially responded affirmative (which I have
received two via this mailing list -- thank you!), so if you want your
agency listed, please reply here if you have not done so previously.  We
will wait a few days for folks to present it to the big cheese's to get
buy-in.

Christina and I left wanting to check out RoboForm and Baracuda Networks
web blocking device -- thanks for those tips.

This is an ad-hoc group, so if there is an issue that can not wait until
the next meeting, we can always create another meeting.  Just speak-up
whenever needed.

Thank you!

jp