[SACNews] SACNews - August Issue

  • From: SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx
  • To: sacnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:56:19 EDT

All,
Here it is, the last day of July and having just gotten back from vacation,
and lo and behold, I've actually got the newsletter ready! Go figure.

Anyway, In this issue:

1) Jenn Keller recaps the Blue Hills Solstice Star Party hosted by our own
   Stan Gorodenski.
2) NASA's Space place tells us about a new economical way to get
   satellites into orbit.
3) Peter Argenziano lets us know about a victory for the light pollution
   control crowd at Vekol Rd.
4) Ken Reeves takes us through Vulpecula in this month's Fuzzy Spot.
5) Thad has a preliminary review of the new Burgess Optical 20x80 Bino's
   he just acquired.
6) Mike Spooner has a recap of his stay at the 2003 Grand Canyon Star
   Party.
7) I think most of us will relate in some manner to this months Astronerds
   comic.

Here are the links:

PDF:  http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/SACNEWS/sac2003/sn0803.pdf

Zip:  http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/SACNEWS/sac2003/sn0803.zip

As usual all hyperlinks are active to help you navigate the newsletter.

Enjoy
Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews
Saguaro Astronomy Club