[sac-forum] Re: This upcoming meeting and the amendment discussion--SUMMARY

  • From: Thad Robosson <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 06:05:16 -0700

I would like to try and provide a summary of this issue in the hopes that I
can clear it up for myself.

Please let me know if I have the flavor of what we are voting for.

1)  The signing of waivers will only be applied to the Messier Marathon at
this time.  The board has the ability to create waivers for future events,
but the present board finds that unlikely.

2)  SAC members will not be forced to sign any type of waiver for the long
term and will not have to sign a waiver to maintain their membership.

3)  The club will proceed toward incorporating.

How am I doing so far?
Steve Coe

Steve,

Paul summed it up well, but in addition to #1......

The membership has the power to overrule the board in deciding if a waiver will be used
for a specific event. For example....Say the board decides to have a waiver for the Cherry Road
"heck with the monsoons" party. The members don't like this idea, and calls for a membership vote. If a majority agrees, then the waiver goes away for that event.

Thad