[sac-forum] Re: The Problem with Imaging

  • From: Gray Olson <golson17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 19:00:48 -0700

Personally I got into the astronomy hobby through photography first and my
love of science so I am biased. However, I think that everyone's own
opinion is valid on issues like this because its really just what one
person enjoys or doesn't. I mean, if you are just using an RGB photo, you
could even argue that what you see is what is "really there" and that your
eye just can't see it, which would be true, but it just depends on what
your definition of "really there" is. Now, when you start using narrowband
filters and assigning those ranges to different parts of the spectrum than
they were originally, it's not what is "really there" in the sense that
that is not how our eye would see it even if it was sensitive enough.

Apologies for grammar or readability errors I typed this on my phone.

Gray