[sac-forum] Re: Opportunity (MER B) Now Safely on Mars

  • From: "Rotramel, Rick (AZ77)" <rick.rotramel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:37:16 -0700

I had to watch it on the computer monitor also. Qworst Digital TV doesn't
carry NASA TV. (even though they carry over 200 other channels of crap!)

Anyone notice The Arizona Republic story on Opportunity today had the wrong
caption for the image from the rover. (close-up of the  bedrock outcropping
was captioned with "marks from the air bags")

Again, WOW! Opportunity has landed flawlessly and is healthy!! AND, landed
inside a crater with another huge crater to explore nearby. Yeah, this IS
like winning the Super Bowl.

Rick R.
SAC