[sac-forum] Re: Observing tonight?

  • From: "Peter Argenziano" <pargenz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 13:55:19 -0700

Well... after looking outside and online most of the day, I have decided that
the conditions just look too iffy to venture out tonight.

The Flatiron and Vekol CSC show the same level of clear skies now as they do
tonight, and it's far from clear to the east or west. Couple that with the
relative high humidity expected tonight, and it just doesn't look to be worth
driving for an hour and a half.
The image loops look to have clouds passing this way from the NW. Whether they
will be just north of sites like Vekol or Flatiron is hard to gauge. I suppose
if I had a backyard observatory it would be an easier decision - just wait
until darkness... but given that I'd have to get out of here in about 2 hours
the decision is based on current conditions and predictions for tonight.

I also thought about Picketpost, since its a shorter drive (for me, not
necessarily for you though), but the conditions look even less favorable to the
east.

Disappointing, yes... I had hoped to get out at least once this week.

Merry Christmas to you and Elaine!

Peter