[sac-forum] Re: Fredericksen's Meadow - 9/30 to 10/2...

  • From: "AJ Crayon" <acrayon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:48:20 -0700

Here's an update to Mitch's message.  I was there with Steve Coe and Bill
Anderson.  I came back today as planned, Bill was going to leave tomorrow but
also decided to leave today.  Steve, after checking the weather and seeing it
will deteriorate left - some time after me.

As far as the weather was concerned, Monday night it was quite mushy.  I didn't
try to rate the evening but Steve gave it a 6/10.  Tuesday night was very
cloudy for the first several hours so we gave up and watch the D-backs win.

I had a troubles with my system - Sky Commander wasn't able to find anything
with consistency.  After much fiddling around I determined the equatorial
platform wasn't good enough polar aligned.  Once that was done it found a
number of objects before the clouds shut us down.

I was hoping to do an all night Friday at Cherry Rd. but it appears the weather
will have us shut down pretty soon and for several days.

Yuk!!

AJ Crayon
Phoenix, AZ