[sac-board] Re: Sentinel-Schwaar T-Shirts

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:29:02 -0700

Pretty pessimistic forecasts for Saturday are surfacing. Tomorrow
afternoon I can cancel the portapotty cuz if people are scared off by
the drizzles on Saturday, there will be no one to use it but a few who
can always find other means. So renting one would be a waste. The
T-shirts for a Sentinel thing we can put on hold for a new date and we
can start on a Messier Marathon one. Thursday data should "clear" things
up a bit.  :-) (sorry)

Jack Jones
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Public Events
Lunar List Awards and
Messier Marathon Co-coordinator
Phoenix AZ
spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Today was the day that Jack was planning to make the descision on
whether
> to make the shirts or not.  The following is from the 9 AM forecast
> discussion:
>
> [discussion up through Thursday's storm deleted] THE NEXT WEATHER
> SYSTEM...PROGED TO MOVE THROUGH THE AREA SATURDAY INTO SUNDAY...LOOKS
> BE MORE OF AN ISSUE THAN PREVIOUSLY ADVERTISED. PREVIOUS RUNS HAD MORE
OF
> A LAND TRAJECTORY...WITH LITTLE TO NO PRECIP. HOWEVER...A QUICK GLANCE
AT
> THE GFS THIS MORNING SHOWS LOW NOW SWINGING FURTHER WESTWARD BEFORE
MOVING
> INTO ARIZONA...THUS PICKING UP MORE MOISTURE AND INCREASING QPFS OVER
THE
> AREA. MIDNIGHT SHIFT ADDED A SLIGHT CHANCE FOR POPS OVER SOUTHWEST AND
> SOUTH-CENTRAL ARIZONA (THEY WERE ALREADY IN THE FORECAST FOR ZONE 24)
AND
> THIS LOOKS LIKE A GOOD DECISION. MAY SPREAD POPS EVEN FURTHER WEST IN
THIS
> AFTERNOON'S PACKAGE AFTER WE WE'VE HAD A CHANCE TO LOOK AT ALL THE
DATA.