[sac-board] Re: SAC double star data

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:53:46 -0700

>Sorry for the conflicting info. I've always considered it copyrighted since
>it was created by the club and so inferred as all web-published works are.
>If it's 'old' enough to be in Public Domain then fine.
>
>Jack

Listing someone else's data does not give one the right to claim
copyright. Even if you were the one who made the measurements and
published the data it is unlikely that it would qualify as
copyrightable as others have already done it and anyone can do it if
they so desire.

I have databases of star data that I have used an application I
created to store the data. While it may be possible for me to claim
copyright of the database structure, I cannot claim copyright for the
data.

Jeff
--
                                      Jeff Hopkins