[sac-board] Re: SAC T-Bird Park Public Star Party 2009 Scheduled

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Board <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 04:53:18 -0700

  As someone mentioned at the board meeting, it's a long drive for me to do
Thunderbird.  T-bird is also well attended, given that we have a lot of members
that live up that way.  I've always been disappointed with our presence at ASC
for astronomy day and would like to see more there.  I set up during the day,
as Gene said, AND do the night thing, too.  (I'm also usually the last to
leave.)  We haven't had a dedicated SAC table that I can recall, (Gene does
double duty, triple?, manning the EVAC and NASA and mentioning SAC), but it'd
be better to have one of our own.
  I don't see a reason to choose between, but finding an incentive to involve
more members.

Steve Dodder
Chairman, SAC Novice Group
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman

Windows Live?: Keep your life in sync.