[rsc] Re: June/July trainings

  • From: Eleanor Brownfield <stagemgrefb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:29:42 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you, Kathie.  I can co-host or co-co-host the Atlanta gathering  -
space, food, promotion.  I would like to know more about the shadowing.  I am
willing to travel if needed for Charleston or New Orleans.  Keep me posted.  ;
}  Eleanor

kdenobriga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  This is a request for RSC facilitators, veteran and emerging, to do a series
of summer trainings, linking a day-long workshop to CAPP projects in general
and in particular (the application for the next round will be available in a
few weeks, September deadline probable).

The urgency is to encumber all the remaining Ford funds (Carolyn is getting
exact amount, but around $10K) by APRIL 30.

Trainings coming up: are you interested in leading, or co-leading? Please
respond to the list by April 23 so we can "cast the show."

In MOST cases, the event runs like this:
â?¢ Friday: strategic planning conversation (process TBD) and dinner; hanging
out.
â?¢ Saturday: 9:30-4:30 RSC Training (agenda to be developed collaboratively)
â?¢ dinner
â?¢ evening -- sharing of work; more hanging out.

We have a budget to pay facilitators and shadows (ie, people who have applied
to be RSC facilitators) + travel.
The confirmed times are:

June 6-7 in Charlotte -- April Turner, host ??

June 13-14 in Charleston (Gwylene available but probably not able to take the
lead because of "The Future is On the Table."

June 20-21 New Orleans

June 27-28 Atlanta

some time in mid-July: Miami and Lexington KY

WE NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT SOMEONE is also on the ground to organize things.
(space, food, promotion ---- getting people there (ie, the host) . This is not
the job of the Lead Facilitator, as we've practiced it.)

Crush defeatism!
Insist on joy in spite of everything.
Together we are stronger than greed and fear.