[roundtable] new ABS Awareness Month website

  • From: "Round Table - Administration" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roundtable@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 15:26:18 +1100

The information (below) is circulated for the information of list subscribers.

While Round Table strives to make the information circulated on this list as
relevant, timely and accurate as possible the circulation of information on
this list does not constitute endorsement by Round Table.

October is Art Beyond Sight Awareness Month around the world. Their website and
blog have lots of resources for musuems and cultural institutions about
engaging with people with visual impairments and other disabilities.

See http://www.absawarenessmonth.org/about-awareness-month/ for more info.

Greetings from Art Beyond Sight (ABS),

The Art Beyond Sight (ABS) staff is excited to announce the launch of our new
ABS Awareness Month website.  Please visit us online to learn more about this
initiative that raises awareness of the importance of accessibility for people
with disabilities in museums and other cultural institutions at
http://www.absawarenessmonth.org.

We have two additional initiatives that are new to ABS Awareness Month:

1.            The ABS Inclusion Toolkit, which offers practical guidance for
museums and other cultural institutions that are launching inclusion
initiatives.  Access the ABS Inclusion Toolkit here.

2.            The ABS Awareness Month Blog, which serves as a platform for
organizations to share stories about their inclusion initiatives.  Learn how to
share your story here.

We will also highlight inclusion activities throughout the month using Twitter
and Facebook, so please connect with us if you haven't already done so.

Please email us if you have any questions about ABS Awareness Month at
Administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Sincerely,

The ABS Team

-Scanned by Exchange Hosted Services-